Monday, February 27, 2012

Divergent Review

Divergent (Divergent, #1)Divergent by Veronica Roth

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


I just finished this.... and this book surprised me. I LOVED it!! And that is weird to say, since their is violence and tattoos and punching people - even girls... crazy... But I thought it was ingeniously created and presented.
I mean, who thinks of this stuff. My hats off to Veronica for having a depth of mind to create such a unique idea of the future.
I'm not much for first person reads, but I liked being in Tris's head. I loved how it played out in everyday language as a sixteen year old thinks, feels, and views her world. Not much explanation went into things, which I liked, making it easy to read, and easy to understand. The world is very visible and complicated, but it makes clear sense to Tris and everyone around her - this is what she knows and grew up knowing and knows nothing besides this.
I didn't have the anxiety I got from Hunger Games, which was nice, and I also loved the mystery of it. I mean, really... how did she think all this up? I'm impressed.
I could feel it - the wind, the pain, the emotion... All of it!
I tried to explain the beginning to my family and it just jumbled around in my mouth as I spit the words out.
I'm not lovey and there wasn't much kissy-face, but enough to make my girlie side smile. And she made up for it with the guns!
I am intrigued to find out what happens next.
View all my reviews
Photobucket

No comments: