Tuesday, November 29, 2011

NaNoWriMo... Na -NO -Wri - NOT!

Now with November is about over I think I can report on my progress with this year's NaNoWriMo writing adventure.

C o m p l e t e B u s t . . . . . . .

I completely failed. My idea went nowhere and I was completely distracted by life.

I recently completed my second novel in the Everstar Series and I was excitedly rewriting and going through it. I forgot how Fun these characters are... and not how much I hate them some times for being in my head so much. That made my mind drift away from Writing Month.

I also had many more opportunities to talk to young people about writing - that also was way more fun than staring at a WORD screen hoping for inspiration.

And one more thing - Vampire-ish is much closer to being finished. It is now in book form and I have it running through a critique group and am very excited to get that out for everyone. It is stinkin' funny!

... so I guess I can't call myself a failure. That fact is, I didn't try. Last year I tried and that is how I got my Vampire story out. This year it was a different story, but I will leave that for a different time. I still believe in it, but just not this November.

To all you other Wrimos... Hats Off to you! I hope you did well, because I ....ummm.... didn't...

3 comments:

Sue Johnson said...

I think NaNoWriMo is for people who need inspiration. I don't think at this stage of your life, that is actually a problem for you. You're inspired all the time! But - NaNoWriMo sounds does sound like fun. I may try it myself some time.

cani-jo (Candace J. Thomas) said...

Thanks for the encouragement. I bought some socks to make me feel better.

Rocío Fernández said...

¡Wow!