Friday, August 23, 2013

Bring on the... CON!!

Ticket for Star Trek Into Darkness
Geekdom has always been a part of my life. I love fulfilling the full measure of the nerdy things I'm passionate about. Harry Potter, Doctor Who, Hunger Games, Sherlock or Cumberbatch, take your pick - the list goes on and on.

If I tell you that I love Midnight shows mostly because of the freakshow I think you might understand.  The crowd is there as crazy as you, fueled by the energy and a few Mountain Dews.I live for it!!!

Just to list on my resume:

1st in line!
 ...I stood at the very front of a line of hundreds, dressed as Luna Lovegood, waiting for the 7th Harry Potter at the Salt Lake Barnes and Noble.

"Imprinting is for Babies" Shirt
 ..I've made snarky shirts of 6 out of the 8 HP movies, Hunger Games, Twilight, Hobbit, and the newest Star Trek Into Darkness... awesome!!


 ...and I'm slowly collecting more Sherlock crap than I could ever find useful.
The deerstalker makes me write better.

Sherlocked!
So, to tell you, I couldn't be more tickled to get a chance to be a part of this years SLC Comic Con is a complete understatement.

  
I AM
 FREAKING 
OUT!!

Yes... Yes... I'm sure you all want to stand in line to get a photo op with Shatner, or Adam West. I mean, who wouldn't??

And yes, you can take that picture of Kevin Sorbo that you've had since high school, that you ripped from a TV Guide and hung in you locker autographed by the Herc himself.

And why not visit Tia Carrere while your at it, I know that's where my husband will be, along with any other male Wayne's World fans!

But if you really want the full CON experience, for it to meet its full Nerd potential, come swing by my booth. I'll be there all 3 days.

My goal this year is to take my picture with as many Slave Leia's as possible and to get a picture with Kevin Sorbo. It will go perfect next to my picture with Bruce Campbell.

Hope to see you there.

http://saltlakecomiccon.com/

1 comment:

Becka Thomas said...

I think you should hang up your picture with you and Bruce Campbell at your booth. People will buy your book just because they realize how big of a nerd you really are.