Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Honey Hot Dogs

I went to Costco yesterday to stock up some seriously needed supplies. I mean, where else can you buy one package of TP that consists of 80 rolls? I had my wonderful 3 yr old with me, who kept putting stuff in the cart that I immediately had to return.

Well, while I was there she saw Hot Dogs. This girl can down hot dogs. She likes them cold, right out of the fridge. I found super cheap packages for a buck the other day and bought a couple which she ate all of them. One night she kept getting up and sneaking them to bed. So I know if you were me you are thinking the same thing. I looked at this package of hot dogs - 2 packages of 42 hot dogs. 84!! PERFECT!! She'd down that in a couple weeks right? So I splurged on the mega massive package of ground up pork parts that I know I or my husband will never eat.

I gave her one last night and didn't think much about it. This morning when I was getting her breakfast I noticed it on the counter with two bites out of it. So I just trashed it.

Tonight I tried the same thing. This was our conversation.

Jules: Mom, it's too hot!

Me: I just got it out of the fridge, it's not too hot. It's totally cold.

Jules: Mom, it has honey in it.

Me: No it doesn't.

Jules: Yes it does Mom. I don't like Honey in my Hot dogs.

Me: It's not a honey hot dog.

Jules: Yes...It... is!!

Me: If you are trying to pull a fast one on me- forget it. I invented that.

Jules: I'm not pulling anything! I'm not fast Mom. I'm slow! I like the REAL hot dogs not honey hot dogs. Humphf...

Me: Would you like to show me the REAL hot dogs?

Jules: No. But could I have some grapes... Please.....

Needless to say, now I have 82 Hot Dogs in my freezer waiting for summer to come... BBQ at my house in 8 months... Whoo Hoo!!

...ah that girl...

No comments: