Friday, December 5, 2008

Spiiiduuurr ... Biite.... Legg... Huuurrt!



I thought that Jules has a spider bite and had irritated it by scratching and what not. Well, the bite grew and then there were other little red marks on her little legs that I couldn't figure out. By Sunday night, when I threw the kids in the bath, the swelling had grown so it looked like a golf ball was hidden inside her thigh. So Kevin took her to the hospital.

Turns out she has a serious Staff infection that entered her body when she go her immunizations. She's on severe antibiotics for the next 2 weeks. They are NASTY and she hates taking them: one she can handle, the other we have to disguise.

Poor girl...

3 comments:

Kristina said...

How sad! At least she won't be getting measles, mumps, or rubella anytime soon. :)

Dave and Becka said...

She's so good at pointing out who really did it. She'll probably be pointing at lots of spiders and saying,"NNOOOO Biite Spiiduuurr, NNOOOO!"

Winnie said...

Poor Julia. I hope she's getting better now. My brother Lee has had a bad infection on his back like that. He said it's about the size of a baseball. I hope it's not catching!