Saturday, March 23, 2013

Adventures in Publishing

Available April 19th, 2013.
Vivatera release April 19th, 2013
Available on eBook and Book Sellers Everywhere.

Back in September I thought I would try and find a publisher for my book Vivatera.  Though I had it edited several times, it was still missing direction and I wanted to see what professionals could do with it. I had heard of a new publishing company through my League of Utah Writers chapter and thought I would give it a try.

I felt my nerves increase at the thought of rejection, but I didn't want to live with regret if I didn't at least try.

So, I sent my manuscript off to one company, Xchlyer Publishing, http://www.xchylerpublishing.com, who seek fantasy, adventure, mystery, and steam punk. I thought my little book might fit well with their company... I was right.

They LOVED it and in November I signed a contract. They snatched it up so fast and didn't want it to go to anyone else.

Over the past months I had the opportunity to work with fantastic people, whose ideas stretched my brain in different directions and ignited my love of creating. Their vision cleared any of my previous doubts, and helped my confidence build. I'm so pleased with how it turned out and I'm so excited to be a part of this adventure.

XP has put up my bio on their website: http://www.xchylerpublishing.com/site.cfm/our-authors.cfm




No comments: