Sunday, October 30, 2011

Death, Babies, and other Distractions...

My new favorite things at the moment...

The last few weeks have been interesting. Here I am trying to finish my book... I mean literally moments from finishing and I have hardly had time to do so. Here are a few of my tiny distractions.

  • Grandma Leah passing away. You might think, well, she was old. But even though it was been nearly a week I really am still shocked that she is not here. She was the neatest lady and I always thought she would out live us all, but it came swift and sudden and now she is with her husband and twins again. God bless her...
  • Travel.... travel... back and forth... 90 miles this way and that... my g-ma had a stroke and we went to see her before she passed, and then came home, when she passed, there was another weekend spent 90 miles away in Logan. And with so much family around it was so fun, but completely distracting.
  • Babies!!! My sister-in-law is having a baby girl. Have two stinky boys finally pink. She never asks for anything, but having a girl is a big deal and she deserves some pink, so me and my book club threw her a SURPRISE shower disguised as Book Club. I planned it before G-ma died and had to leave right after for Logan, but it went Awesome and I'm so excited.
  • Halloween!!! AHH!!! Is it really tomorrow? I've had only 3 costumes to do - Candace Flynn (that's me), Mia is Junie B. Jones (and a dead ringer), and Jules is a girl Frankenstein (ala Monster Highish). Though the costumes are not hard, it took a lot of trips to Savers to get the right look.
  • MY Blasted Cold. I felt it coming earlier this week, but I had to sing at the funeral on Friday and willed it away, but come Saturday I succumbed and right now life stinks.
  • Work is crazy busy. Enough said. When I am rich and indeed FAMOUS, it would be nice to not have a grown-up job, but I do... :(
  • ...and Vampire hunting - sometimes a girl needs some Count Chocula, you know? Any of the monster cereals are fantastic, but I have a ceremonial box of Count Chocula waiting for me when I finish. I can't wait for it.
But now that I have updated you all on my stinkin' life, I will go back to writing and finish this darn thing... thanks for letting me vent.... phew....

No comments: