Monday, September 27, 2010

Smiles and Phuggles

Here are some conversations I have had with my Mia lately...

.....................................................

I was downstairs helping Mia clean her room and I started hucking stuffed animals on her bed and Mia starts yelling at me...

Mia: Whoa whoa whoa Mom. What are you doing?

Me: Your animals all need to go on your bed so we can sort them.

Mia: but don't throw them Mom.

Mom: Why not?

Mia: We don't throw things with smiles.

Me: With smiles?

Mia: Yes, don't throw anything with a smile.

Me: Why not?

Mia: Just don't. Because it might make them sad and it would make me sad if they lose their smiles and get frowny.

Me: Okay, sorry, I won't throw anything with smiles.

................................................................

Mia bought a new penguin - I know... another one! She was trying to come up with a name for it and she likes to name penguins with a "P" so I tried to help.

Me: Penelope, Putrences, Petunia...

Mia: Mom, those are dumb. How about Parker?

Me: Now that's a dumb name. Does it have to start with a P?

Mia: I like the P names Mom. How about Peeper?

Me: Fine. (I looked at the penguin again, with his big, enormous eyes and fat head) How about naming him Fugly.

Mia: Mom, that doesn't start with a P.

Me: It does if you spell it with a PH.

Mia: Mom, you're a genius. But let's name him Phuggles, cause Fugly is dumb.

Me: Phuggles it is.

No comments: