Here is my first attempt at my book cover. I'm trying to gear this more as a teen novel then a juvenile. But if I want boys to read it, I might need to change it. It is made long for the jacket cover. Maybe I'll write a little blurb on the other side and make it look totally official. And yes, that is my beautiful niece Lily posing as the heroine Naomi. I'm still sticking with my goal of having the final edit done on Friday. After that I will be formating it for sale through Amazon.com. But more on that later. Love to know what you all think.
Saturday, July 25, 2009
-The HP6 midnight crew with our awesome shirts! The girls got Wonder Witch Love Potion shirts and the boys got Weasley Wizard Wheezes shirts.-
I love my dorky side. I lot of people might think I am eccentric, making shirts and getting tickets for the midnight show for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince and everything, but it really was an awesome experience. My friend Ken told me he was afraid he might look dorky wearing his Weasley shirt, but all of that was laid to rest when he arrived and saw all the FREAKS. And that is what the experience is about... being a part of the FREAK SHOW!
We saw -
- The Whomping Willow (a guy with tree branches tied to his arms and he went around whomping people, including some of our party)
- The Golden Snitch (a guy painted gold)
- The Owl lady (YES! She had a REAL OWL. I have no idea what she did with it while watching the movie)
- Gandalf, Bilbo, and Frodo Baggins
- 2 Jedi Knights (and they fought with their light sabers)
- numerous school girls - (with very short skirts I might add)
- and Dobby - the house elf... he was so cute.
The other side. The friends and Co-workers!
Posted at 9:42 AM